All pest control agents must be licensed in order to use registered pesticides. The Technician will be qualified to handle, use and store pesticides correctly and as well be able to answer any questions that may arise about the chemicals that may be used.
For your convenience please find below a brief explanation of some common chemicals that are used. The majority of chemicals that are used on pests include Insecticides, rodenticides and herbicides.
The labeling on these products give very specific information in regards to which pests it is registered to treat, the dosage & dilution rates required and first aid instructions.
Non Chemical Control:
Natural pest control covers an array of simple things, which the home owner themselves can carry out. Research has found that these methods can be as essential as chemical treatment.
Some methods include:
- Eliminating food and moisture sources
- Ensuring correct food storage
- Ensuring correct rubbish disposal
- Keeping rubbish bins clean
- Keeping premises clean by regular vacuuming
- Repair leaking pipes, inside and outside
- Keep gutters & drains clean
- Removal of weeds from the garden
- Keeping the grass short
- Keeping firewood and stacks of wood away from the house
- Repairing of any cracks and holes in walls
- Removal of overhanging branches that may give access to the house
- Using glue boards that will help monitor the extent of the pest problem
- Using traps such as flypaper, wasp and mousetraps